We’re a charity run by LGBT people for LGBT people and we rely on you for your creative input, life experiences, skills and (if possible) your donations.
Are you interested in supporting Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender people who have experienced hate crime? Would you like to advocate for individuals who are less able to speak up for themselves? Then we could be the service for you to join and volunteer with.
We have the most wonderful team of volunteers running projects including Out4Film, supporting outreach sessions and social events across Camden and Islington. In 2018 we recruited, trained and supported no less than 25 amazing individuals.
As well as making a huge difference to peoples’ lives through the work they do, volunteers also bring their experience, skills and knowledge to Camden LGBT Forum. Please check our website and follow our social media accounts to view volunteer job descriptions and read about the exciting volunteer opportunities.
- Give your CV a boost – in a survey of some of the UK’s leading businesses 73% said they’d employ someone who’s volunteered over someone who hasn’t.
- Get back into work – It’s a great way to get a reference and fill gaps in your work experience. You can also try out different types of work to get a taster – which can really help you if you’re looking for a job or want to change direction.
- Improve your confidence – You’ll learn and do things that you might not normally get the chance to – this can be a real confidence boost.
- Improve your health– While you’re busy giving back to your community you could also be getting healthier! Research has found that volunteering can do everything from helping you to sleep better to boosting your immune system.
- Meet new people– you’ll probably meet people from different cultures and backgrounds that you might not normally. Volunteering with people who are as passionate about a cause as you are, is a great way to meet like-minded people.
We run regular volunteer evenings. The next one is on Tuesday 15th January. For all volunteer enquires, please contact: Nick Maxwell at Camden LGBT Forum on 020 7388 5720 or email him at email@example.com
Camden LGBT Forum Social Media.