We’re a charity run by LGBT people for LGBT people and we rely on you for your creative input, life experiences, skills and (if possible) your donations.
Volunteer with the Forum and you’ll know you are using your skills and spare time for a cause close to your heart. We’re always delighted to hear from people who want to share their time and talents with us. At the moment, we’re particularly looking for a fundraiser who would help with income generation and volunteers who are interested in our amazing history month. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Whilst you’ll want to make a real difference when you volunteer, it’s not just about what you can do for others. Volunteers get a lot out of the experience too. At Camden LGBT Forum, we believe that good volunteering is rewarding for everyone involved.
- Give your CV a boost – in a survey of some of the UK’s leading businesses 73% said they’d employ someone who’s volunteered over someone who hasn’t.
- Get back into work – It’s a great way to get a reference and fill gaps in your work experience. You can also try out different types of work to get a taster – which can really help you if you’re looking for a job or want to change direction.
- Improve your confidence – You’ll learn and do things that you might not normally get the chance to – this can be a real confidence boost.
- Improve your health– While you’re busy giving back to your community you could also be getting healthier! Research has found that volunteering can do everything from helping you to sleep better to boosting your immune system.
- Meet new people– you’ll probably meet people from different cultures and backgrounds that you might not normally. Volunteering with people who are as passionate about a cause as you are, is a great way to meet like-minded people.
We run regular volunteer evenings. The next one is in November. For all volunteer enquires, please contact: Nick Maxwell at Camden LGBT Forum on 020 7388 5720 or email him at email@example.com